AN INVITATION TO JOIN LAGAN VALLEY ORIENTEERS
New Membership Fees for 2018
Welcome to the Lagan Valley Orienteers membership page – We are glad that you are considering joining us and hope that you become an active member of LVO and enjoy orienteering for many years to come. You can now join LVO via the online membership form provided by British Orienteering (for Club select LVO) or by downloading either the printable form (PDF) from here or a printable Word document from here.
Members of all clubs in Northern Ireland must also join the Northern Ireland Orienteering Association (also known as NI Orienteering) and British Orienteering. You will automatically join all 3 with a single application
To complete either of the printable forms there is a table of the current membership fees below. The other details provided below are purely for information purposes. The current up-to-date and valid details are all contained on the British Orienteering website.
|Senior (born 1997 or earlier)||£4.50||£5.50||£10.00||£20.00|
|Junior / Student (born 1998 or later)||£1.50||£3.50||£3.30||£8.30|
|Family||£10.50||£14.50||£10.00 per senior
£3.30 per junior
£10.00 per senior +
£3.30 per junior
Membership of Lagan Valley Orienteers is open to anyone but the Club is normally regarded as covering the following council areas: Antrim & Newtownabbey, Ards & North Down, Armagh, Banbridge & Craigavon, Belfast, Lisburn & Castlereagh, Mid & East Antrim and Newry, Mourne & Down. Fermanagh Orienteers and North West Orienteering Club cover the remainder of Northern Ireland. Queen’s University of Belfast Orienteering Club is only open to students at Queen’s.
There is also good cooperation with the Irish Orienteering Association. LVO members are frequently part of the all-Ireland team in the annual Home International (England v Ireland v Scotland v Wales) races at Junior, Senior and Veteran level. The Irish Championship is held in Northern Ireland every 4th year.
Benefits of becoming a member of Lagan Valley Orienteers:
- Club training sessions and courses
- Club social events and tours
- Mentoring process for officials
- Stylish Club orienteering tops, tracksuits and jackets
- Vote at the Club AGM and special meetings
- Discounted entry fees for local events
Benefits of becoming a member of the Northern Ireland Orienteering Association:
- Eligibility to compete in Northern Ireland Championships: Individual, Relay, Night and Score
- Support mapping initiatives throughout Northern Ireland
- Support development initiatives
- Newsgroup for association news
- Vote at the Association AGM and special meetings
- Discounted entry to regional and district events within Northern Ireland
Additional benefits of becoming a Member of British Orienteering:
- Quarterly issue of the British Orienteering magazine “Focus” including the junior magazine “Ozone”
- Eligibility to compete in British Championships JK, national, regional and local events in all regions
- Opportunity to qualify to represent your country at International Competitions
- Option to compete in a Rankings Scheme
- Access to “Navigational Challenge” and “Racing Challenge” Incentive Scheme
- Public Liability Insurance cover when participating at events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- Papers and vote at the British Orienteering AGM
- Discounts from national companies through the member benefit scheme
- Access to a members only section of the website
- Strengthen the voice of Orienteering
- Annual Membership fees expire on 31 Dec, except for new members joining after 1st November who may receive up to 14 months membership.
- “Club Only Senior Membership” is available only for those not resident in Northern Ireland. This is primarily for former members who have moved away and wish to retain a link with the club. The fee is £5.00.
- “Club Only Group Membership” is available for schools, youth groups and outdoor centres who wish to retain a link with the club. The fee is £10.
The club membership secretary is Lyle Fleming, email address firstname.lastname@example.org