What is October Outdoors? October Outdoors is a FREE exciting adventure challenge in your council area. This is DIY Orienteering – all you need is your phone, an orienteering map and a sense of adventure! There will be a new challenge and a new place to explore every week for the month of October!
Who is it for? This challenge is suitable for all levels – families, runners, cyclists, dog walkers, youth groups – you name it! This is the perfect socially distanced activity with no touch points and plenty of fresh air.
How do I get started? Simply email email@example.com with your name and postcode, you will then be sent further details on how to get started.
When? The dates and venues are listed below provisionally. Shortly they will be added to the main fixture list.
Keep up to date on all the “October Outdoors” news on our club Facebook page – Lagan Valley Orienteers and our hub pages – Orchard County Orienteers and Tollymore Orienteers (see the links in the sidebar/below).
Club members – this a development initiative and all the courses will be an orange linear.
Ards & North Down Week 1 5th - 11th Bangor Castle Week 2 12th - 18th Ballywalter Week 3 19th - 25th Holywood Week 4 26th - 31st Donaghadee Armagh, Banbridge, Craigavon Week 1 5th - 11th Edenvilla Park Week 2 12th - 18th Drumgor/Craigavon Week 3 19th - 25th Peoples Park Week 4 26th - 31st Armagh Newry, Mourne & Down Week 1 5th - 11th Newcastle South Week 2 12th - 18th Ballynahinch Week 3 19th - 25th Newry Week 4 26th - 31st Newcastle North
|Coming Soon… Donard Forest event.
All NI fixtures ·
BOF major events · all events · all activities
World elite · majors · other
|LVO Fixtures||...view all|
|12th Dec 20
|-->Autumn Trophy 2 - Donard Forest|
Greenhill YMCA – Donard Park
|LVO Results||...view all | live|
|CANCELLED - NI Colour Series 6 - LVO|
|Simp · Win · Route|
|CANCELLED - LVO Autumn Trophy 2|
Loughall Country Park
|Connacht Champs||see host’s website|
|NI Colour Series 5 - FERMO||see host’s website|
|Other Results||NI clubs · NIOA · IOA · BOF|
- hCOW2020 is go!
- 🌲 Donard Forest Postponed
- Colour Standards – Membership Status (addendum)
- Colour Standards – Membership Status
- Colour Standards Update
- Autumn Trophy 1, Divis Mountain
- Additional Nominations for the Steve McGibbon Trophy
- 2019 Accounts
- Nominations for Steve McGibbon Trophy
- LVO OneDrive password
Here are the first 100 hundred words of the latest posts to LVO’s news feed. Please note that hyperlinks appear as plain text in these snippets – click the heading to see the full post with working hyperlinks. The news page is here.
- hCOW2020 is go! - In April I published a retrospective set of hCOW results for 2019. Resulting from that I have made some changes to the calculation formulae, particularly around handicap resetting, and have applied those to the 2020 colour event results. The yearly event tables are in folders, and along with the definition of the scoring system can be found in "Resources/LVO Public Folders/Public/hCOW". This year, instead of a place points system of scoring, the hCOW Champion will be decided on the basis of Green course results at the upcoming Donard event - the "hCOW2020 event 5.pdf" table shows all those who have… Read More ...
- 🌲 Donard Forest Postponed - 🗓 New date : 12th December Due to latest announcements this event is postponed. If you have already entered your entry still stands for the new date. If you cannot make the new date please get in touch in the comment box below or directly with the event organiser. You should also have recieved communication through SI Entries. Read More ...
- Colour Standards – Membership Status (addendum) - In yesterday's post I failed to provide the link to the Colour Standards table. It can be found under "Resources>LVO Public Folders>Colour Standards". Renewals are starting to roll in! Read More ...
- Colour Standards – Membership Status - As well as showing your colour event performance the Colour Standards table also displays your membership status. With the opening of the BOF membership renewals system for 2021 this means that folk's status moves on by one year. Thus the 2-year lapsed members (shown in yellow) have been deleted - it's probably too late to get them back - the 1-year lapsed members (shown in pink) have been turned yellow - have a look down the list for those you know and remind them of the great sport that they're missing out on - and the new (green) and current… Read More ...
Welcome to Lagan Valley Orienteers. The club’s origins go back to the beginning of the 70s and the early days of Orienteering in the Province. Now our membership stretches from Newry to Newcastle to Ballymena as well as three satellite hubs for newcomers based in Craigavon, Tollymore and Belfast. You are welcome to join us at any of our club or hub events. Each event has courses suitable for abilities from junior beginner to senior elite. Our events are generally on Saturdays but during the summer and early winter we hold events on Wednesday evenings.
Videos: Introduction to Orienteering | Setting the map | Using the Compass | Attack Points | Aiming Off | Large Contour Features | Route Choice | Intricate Contours. Read about the different types of orienteering here and you’ll find some tips here.