All NI fixtures ·
BOF major events · all events · all activities
World elite · majors · other
|LVO Fixtures||...view all|
|12th May 21
Barnett Demesne, Malone House
|19th May 21
|26th May 21
Sir Thomas & Lady Dixon Park
|LVO Results||...view all | live|
|Simp · Win · Route|
|Autumn Trophy 2 - Donard Forest|
Greenhill YMCA – Donard Park
|Simp · Win · Route|
|CANCELLED - NI Colour Series 6 - LVO|
|CANCELLED - LVO Autumn Trophy 2|
Loughall Country Park
|Other Results||NI clubs · NIOA · IOA · BOF|
- hCOW awakes!
- IOC Virtual Relay 2021 – The Teams
- IOC Virtual Relay
- 🚨Our WEE Series is Back🚨
- Lagan Valley Orienteers AGM 2021
- JK 2011 – Ten Year Anniversary
- 🩹First Class! First Aid!🩹
- First Aid Training for Club Members – Rescue Emergency Care
- Colour Standards (again!)
- Covid Cup Final Scores
Here are the first 100 hundred words of the latest posts to LVO’s news feed. Please note that hyperlinks appear as plain text in these snippets – click the heading to see the full post with working hyperlinks. The news page is here.
- hCOW awakes! - I am using the long course of the WEE series events to run an hCOW series but as WEE is an activity, not a competition, I will not be calculating place points as in previous series. Instead, I will be publishing your event by event handicaps to allow you to see how you are progressing (or not!). Paragraph 3 of the hCOW definition doesn't apply - if you're a member you're in. If I'm doing the sums correctly what you should be able to see is how a good performance (or a faux-pas!) affects your handicap and thus try to… Read More ...
- IOC Virtual Relay 2021 – The Teams - Look at you all! Fabulous!! Now it's over to you. Everyone needs to put in their own entry by midnight tonight!!! Here's the entry link (hope it works) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScrD0bLbO4cwsGNfsBFhdzQK5-H6tHN2EmNhozHqsaPeVoqMQ/viewform?pli=1 And then you can decide on your route for Saturday or Sunday. It needs to be 2km and you must finish where you start (no 2km downhill gallops allowed!) Have a think about how you can track it - GPS watch or a phone app would do nicely. Remember to upload it afterwards!! Have fun everyone. Club or hub shirts if you have them. Lots of photos would be ace,… Read More ...
- IOC Virtual Relay - Yes the Irish Championships virtual relay is back for a second year. All the info on the IOA website. https://www.orienteering.ie/ioc-2021-virtual-relay-the-return/ Tell us you're interested by this evening please - email email@example.com - we'll find you a team, and send you the entry form. If you ran last year, you should already have an entry form. Please don't submit it yet till we have the teams arranged. It's 2km, complete it on Saturday or Sunday, wherever you like - you must start & finish in the same place. Most importantly share photos of your adventures on our socials!! LVO Chat is… Read More ...
- 🚨Our WEE Series is Back🚨 - 🌳The lovely Parks and other green spaces across Belfast and beyond will be welcoming back Orienteers on Wednesday evenings in May, June and August. ✏️Get the May dates pencilled in: Ormeau Park 5th May, Barnetts Park 12th May, Botanic Gardens 19th May and Lady Dixon Park 26th May. (All dates/venues subject to permission - we will continue to update here and on the LVO Facebook page) 😷 Due to Covid Restrictions, May’s WEE events will be for Orienteering Club (British Orienteering) members only. If your membership has lapsed or you are new, don't miss out! Membership info on joining up… Read More ...
Welcome to Lagan Valley Orienteers. The club’s origins go back to the beginning of the 70s and the early days of Orienteering in the Province. Now our membership stretches from Newry to Newcastle to Ballymena as well as three satellite hubs for newcomers based in Craigavon, Tollymore and Belfast. You are welcome to join us at any of our club or hub events. Each event has courses suitable for abilities from junior beginner to senior elite. Our events are generally on Saturdays but during the summer and early winter we hold events on Wednesday evenings.
Videos: Introduction to Orienteering | Setting the map | Using the Compass | Attack Points | Aiming Off | Large Contour Features | Route Choice | Intricate Contours. Read about the different types of orienteering here and you’ll find some tips here.