All NI fixtures ·
BOF major events · all events · all activities
World elite · majors · other
|LVO Fixtures||...view all|
|30th Oct 21
NI Colour Series 4 Rostrevor|
Kilbroney Park, Rostrevor
|13th Nov 21
NI Night Champs - Portgenone Forest|
|LVO Results||...view all | live|
|Hillsborough Autumn Event|
|Simp · Win · Route|
|WEE 12 - Belvoir Forest Park|
Belvoir Forest Park
|WEE 11 - Stormont Estate|
|Seven Sevens Challenge Walk 2021|
|Other Results||NI clubs · NIOA · IOA · BOF|
- LVO Club Results – Leinster Champs
- 🌲An Autumn Adventure, coming right up! 🍃
- LV💗ing this Autumn🍂Winter⛄Collection
- hCOW Table Update
- 🍂🏆Autumn Trophy Winners🍂🏆
- hCOW series 2021
- 🏆Hillsborough Event – Autumn Trophy🏆
- Tables Update after Portstewart
- It is with deep sadness that we announce the death of LVO member Stuart Hamilton
Here are the first 100 hundred words of the latest posts to LVO’s news feed. Please note that hyperlinks appear as plain text in these snippets – click the heading to see the full post with working hyperlinks. The news page is here.
- Ooops! - Whilst working with the hCOW spreadsheet to produce a series table, I realised that I hadn't updated the Colour Standards table with Autumn Event results. That omission has now been reversed and the updated table is now available to view. On the Green course many of you who fell into the Baxter black hole of Hillsborough (I've looked at Routegadget!) may have felt that you will have missed a Green standard. However, because there was no Brown or Blue course available the standard time is not that of the winner; I use my skill and judgement to decide (i.e. guess!)… Read More ...
- LVO Club Results – Leinster Champs - Twenty nine LVO members made the journey just over the border into the Cooleys on Sunday 3rd October to Carnawaddy for the Leinster 2020/2021 Championships. Nice conditions made for good running in a great setting and LVO competed well against the other Irish clubs. Six class wins were recorded for LVO members: Oliver O'Kane in M16 Susan Lambe in W40 Stephanie Pruzina in W55 Lyle Fleming in M55 Wilbert Hollinger in M70 and Richard McCourt in M75 Other notable results, Fiona Austin was second in W40 as was Sarah Gamble in W45 and Heather Cairns came third in W55. Full… Read More ...
- 🌲An Autumn Adventure, coming right up! 🍃 - 🍁 Sunday 10th October 🍁 Starts between 11am and Midday 🍁Tollymore Forest (main car park - £5 per car entry) 2 courses on offer ✌🏼 🟠Orange ~2km 🟢Light Green ~ 4km ☑️For those of you new to O, this is a perfect chance to get out into the forest with a map and give it a gO! ☑️For all our Tollymore Summer gang, we are at the other end of the forest with this one so get ready! ☑️For our club members, a nice wee training run to start your Sunday. To book your map just email Juls with your… Read More ...
- LV💗ing this Autumn🍂Winter⛄Collection - LVO have some great Orienteering Activities and Events that you can pack in before the end of this year! These activities are open to everyone, so why not invite someone new along to join in! It might help motivate us as the longer nights draw in. 🧭🚶♂️🏃♀️For starters, look out for the 'Come and Try' O activities at Tollymore on Sun 10 October and Donaghadee on Sat 23 October. Perfect for newcomers and families who want to spice up their outdoor adventures (Orange / Light Green courses). 🧭🌲 Next up is the Colour Series event at Rostrevor/Kilbroney Forest Park on… Read More ...
Welcome to Lagan Valley Orienteers. The club’s origins go back to the beginning of the 70s and the early days of Orienteering in the Province. Now our membership stretches from Newry to Newcastle to Ballymena as well as three satellite hubs for newcomers based in Craigavon, Tollymore and Belfast. You are welcome to join us at any of our club or hub events. Each event has courses suitable for abilities from junior beginner to senior elite. Our events are generally on Saturdays but during the summer and early winter we hold events on Wednesday evenings.
Videos: Introduction to Orienteering | Setting the map | Using the Compass | Attack Points | Aiming Off | Large Contour Features | Route Choice | Intricate Contours. Read about the different types of orienteering here and you’ll find some tips here.