All NI fixtures ·
BOF major events · all events · all activities
World elite · majors · other
|LVO Fixtures||...view all|
|1st Dec 21
WENT 3 Barnett Demense|
Barnett Demesne, Malone House
|4th Dec 21
LVO Ho Ho! Christmas Social/dinner and Night Score|
Tollymore National Outdoor Centre
|8th Dec 21
MAPRUN training - University/Gasworks|
|15th Dec 21
WENT 4 Hillsborough Forest|
|LVO Results||...view all | live|
|MAPRUN training - Lisburn East|
Lisburn City Centre
|WENT 2 - Lady Dixon Park|
Lady Dixon Park
|NI Night Champs - Portgenone Forest|
|Simp · Win · Route|
|MAPRUN training - East Belfast|
Tim Hortons, Connswater, East Belfast
|Other Results||NI clubs · NIOA · IOA · BOF|
- Colour Standards Update
- ‼Deadline extended for LVO Ho Ho‼
- ❗❗Entries filling up and closing soon for Christmas Dinner, Social and Night-O🎄
- More Maprun
- ❗❗Hurry – Entry deadlines coming up, don’t miss out❗❗
- NISeries Tables updated
- hCOW Tables updated
- Colour Standards updated
- 🎅 Club Christmas Dinner & Social 🎄
- Night Champs, Portglenone – Final details
Here are the first 100 hundred words of the latest posts to LVO’s news feed. Please note that hyperlinks appear as plain text in these snippets – click the heading to see the full post with working hyperlinks. The news page is here.
- Colour Standards Update - The colour standards table has been updated for the final time this year following the Seskinore event. While there were not too many new or updated standards there was considerable consolidation due to the ramping-up of the event programme throughout the autumn period. Your 2021 colour achievement will be added to the history table and the table will be reset for 2022. While there will be no more updates this year the table still acts as a reminder to anyone with a name highlighted in pink or yellow - this shows that your 2022 membership is still awaited. "Resources>OneDrive Public>Colour… Read More ...
- ‼Deadline extended for LVO Ho Ho‼ - 🎅Good news for those who are last minute dot com. 🥳We have been able to keep entries open for the Christmas dinner, quiz, prizes and Night-O open until 10pm tomorrow evening (Sunday 28th Nov). 🍴Last time we looked there were 10 spaces still available for the dinner, so don't miss out. ⛄More info at LVO Ho Ho! Christmas Social/dinner and Night Score – Lagan Valley Orienteers 🎄Enter HERE. Read More ...
- ❗❗Entries filling up and closing soon for Christmas Dinner, Social and Night-O🎄 - ⛄Please Note: Entries are filling up for the LVO Social on Saturday 4 December at Tollymore National Outdoor Centre. 🎄The deadline for entries is midnight tonight (Friday 26 Nov), so enter now and don't miss out! 🎅For more information, visit LVO Ho Ho! Christmas Social/dinner and Night Score – Lagan Valley Orienteers and to enter visit SiEntries - LVO Ho Ho Ho 🍴If entering more than one person for the meal, please read through the entry instructions carefully before completing the form. 💗We continue to try to keep each other safe, so at the venue face coverings should to be… Read More ...
- More Maprun - If you enjoyed exploring East Belfast last time join us again in Lisburn next Wednesday, if you didn't then get along to join the fun. Meeting at Laganbank carpark from 7:10pm for a 7:30pm start. Note the Ground Cafe is no longer open late on Wednesdays, so park in the carpark on the other side of the road - free after 6pm. This week we are using the Lisburn East course preloaded on the Maprun app. Its a score format - get as many as you can in 45 minutes. Note that the Castle Gardens are currently closed off so… Read More ...
Welcome to Lagan Valley Orienteers. The club’s origins go back to the beginning of the 70s and the early days of Orienteering in the Province. Now our membership stretches from Newry to Newcastle to Ballymena as well as three satellite hubs for newcomers based in Craigavon, Tollymore and Belfast. You are welcome to join us at any of our club or hub events. Each event has courses suitable for abilities from junior beginner to senior elite. Our events are generally on Saturdays but during the summer and early winter we hold events on Wednesday evenings.
Videos: Introduction to Orienteering | Setting the map | Using the Compass | Attack Points | Aiming Off | Large Contour Features | Route Choice | Intricate Contours. Read about the different types of orienteering here and you’ll find some tips here.