Venue Antrim Castle Mall
Date Wed, 16th Jun 21
Starts 18:30 to 19:45 iCal file iCal
- Online entry only at https://www.sientries.co.uk/
- Entries go live on Friday 11 June 2021 at 18:00. Entries close on Tuesday 15 June 2021 at 18:00.
- Entry is available to all comers, both LVO members and non-members.
- There will be two courses, Short (approx. 2.5k) and Long (approx. 4k). Distances as the crow flies.
- Both courses will be include controls inside and outside Antrim Castle Gardens grounds, be particularly careful around car parks.
- Apart from some access roads, there should be no main road crossings, bridges or underpasses should be used and will be optimal routes. Crossing of main roads is not permitted.
- Some areas are shown on the map by purple shading these are strictly out of bounds for runners.
- Many gates/entrances will also be shown on the map with a purple line blocking access. Even if they are open on the night for other park users, they are not to be used by runners.
- Vegetation is typically spring like, so unless you love itchy and scratchy legs, wear full leg protection.
|Senior (Age class 21 and over) £5
Junior / Student £3
Maximum charge for a family £13*
*If you are entering a family and it comes to more than £13 then please contact the organiser after you have paid for the individual Senior, or Junior/Student entries and we will arrange refund of the difference. Parents accompanying children go free.
SI timing card hire is free but are charged at replacement cost £30 if lost.
Parking: Park at Central Car Park, Castle Mall Shopping Centre on the opposite side of the main road to Antrim Castle Gardens. Parking is free and open 24 hours. The entrance to the car park is off Castle Way A522 (height restriction of 2.2m). Participants will cross at the pedestrian crossing to the start.
Registration: Not required if using own SI Card – proceed directly to start. Hire cards can be collected from the Organiser at the download car.
Starts: The starts are on the other side of the road opposite the registration/download car and accessed by the pedestrian crossing. There will be two Start Lanes (Long and Short). Start times are in 15min blocks with up to 15 runners at each start area.
Finish & Download: After finishing proceed to the Download car. To continue to do our bit and help prevent the spread of Covid, we kindly request you do not loiter but head safely home.
Toilets: at Clotworthy House (until 6pm) and Antrim Forum Leisure Centre (until 10pm).
Coronavirus Safety Measures
A number of measures have been put in place to provide for 2m Social Distancing and ensure your safety throughout this activity. Here is a link to the British Orienteering Participant Code of Conduct which all participants are expected to have read beforehand and adhere to.
The main aspects for this event we would like you to pay attention to are:
- Start Times are pre-allocated in 15min blocks so that we can minimise the number of people at the various stages of the event. Please time your arrival so that you can get to your start just in time
- During the event please use the hand sanitisers provided to maintain hygiene
- Do not touch the SI Control boxes except with the SI Card
- During the race please be aware of who is around you and try to maintain distance especially when approaching Controls
- As we are using public parks please be mindful of other park users and give them space
- Please minimise pre and post-activity socialising and maintain your distance
- Car sharing (except for household bubbles) is not permitted to and from the event
IMPORTANT You MUST NOT attend the activity if:
- You are unwell with a cough, fever or have had other Covid symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 10 days
- You have been in close contact with anyone who is suspected of or confirmed as having Covid-19 in the 10 days before this event
- You are supposed to be Self Isolating or are undergoing testing for suspected Coronavirus
- You have been outside of Northern Ireland within the last 10 days **EXCEPT from exempted countries – See https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-advice for the current rules .
If you have a condition that makes you Clinically Vulnerable, please follow current government and medical advice before registering.
If you need to withdraw your entry due to Coronavirus restrictions we will refund your entry fee on request.
In the the event that regulations change and we have to cancel the event we will refund entry fees.
Antrim Castle Mall