Venue Lisburn City Centre
Date Wed, 24th Nov 21
Starts 19:30 to 20:15 iCal file iCal
To interweave with the WENT events, we are putting on some Wednesday Evening training activities using the Map Run App that can keep us going through the winter nights and still be open to all comers.
The second event is around Lisburn City centre using the Lisburn East course preloaded on the app.
Meeting at Lagan Bank Carpark, Lisburn, BT28 1LU (opposite Pure Gym and TK Max). Parking is free after 6pm.
Meet from 7:10pm for 7:30pm start from the carpark.
If you have been Sporteering pre-covid you will know the drill, but remember your hi-viz and headtorch. If you haven’t been before please do come and read on for the details.
This is urban score orienteering. 45 minute time limit, with 10 points lost per minute late. All controls are worth 20 points. There is no flag nor SI unit at the control location. You verify visiting the control site with the Maprun6 app.
Pre printed maps provided.
** Note the Castle Gardens will be closed so avoid the two controls in that area **
So what do you need to bring and know?
- An iPhone or Android mobile phone with a location function.
- The “Maprun6” app already downloaded
- Hi viz highly recommended.
- An armband to carry your phone is recommended.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- A headtorch with charged batteries.
- A control description holder if you want to use loose descriptions.
- Phone fully charged.
- The location function turned on.
- Unnecessary apps closed. (This will probably speed up the location function).
- Display setting set to always on.
- Obey the Highway Code at all times.
- £2 for members, £4 for guests.
- Some ££ for the cafe afterwards.
Lisburn City Centre
Lagan Bank Road