Venue Tim Hortons, Connswater, East Belfast
Date Wed, 10th Nov 21
Starts 19:30 to 20:30 iCal file iCal
To interweave with the WENT events, we are putting on some Wednesday Evening training activities using some classic Map Runs that can keep us going through the winter nights and still be open to all comers.
The first event is in East Belfast.
Meeting at Tim Horton’s at Connswater Shopping Centre, Belfast, BT5 5DL at 7:10pm to jog out to the start location for 7:30pm start.
If you have been Sporteering pre-covid you will know the drill, but remember your hi-viz and headtorch. If you haven’t been before please do come and read on for the details.
This is urban score orienteering. 45 minute time limit, with 10 points lost per minute late. All controls are worth between 10 points. There is no flag nor SI unit at the control location. You verify visiting the control site with the Maprun6 app.
Pre printed maps provided.
So what do you need to bring and know?
- An iPhone or Android mobile phone with a location function.
- The “Maprun6” app already downloaded
- Hi viz highly recommended.
- An armband to carry your phone is recommended.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- A headtorch with charged batteries.
- A control description holder if you want to use loose descriptions.
- Phone fully charged.
- The location function turned on.
- Unnecessary apps closed. (This will probably speed up the location function).
- Display setting set to always on.
- Obey the Highway Code at all times.
- £2 for members, £4 for guests.
- Some ££ for the cafe afterwards.
Tim Hortons, Connswater, East Belfast
Connswater Shopping Centre