Venue Slim’s Healthy Kitchen
Date Wed, 19th Feb 20
Starts 19:30 to 19:30 iCal file iCal
We’re slipping an extra Sporteering in to the calendar this week. The course is a re-run of a previous one with a bit of a tweak.
Meeting at Slim’s Healthy Kitchen, 28 Belmont Rd, Belfast BT4 2AN.
There is parking along the Belmont Road in front of the shops. Alternatively try the carpark behind the Tesco’s store at the lights (Dundela Crescent), or along Wilgar Street, in front of Dundela Infant School.
Meet from 7pm to jog out to the start location, for 7:30 start.
If you have been Sporteering before you will know the drill, but remember your hi-viz and headtorch. If you haven’t been before please do come and read on for the details.
This is urban score orienteering. 1 hour time limit, with 1 points lost per minute late. Controls are worth between 1 and 5 points. There is no flag nor SI unit at the control location. You verify visiting the control site with the Sporteering app.
Pre printed maps provided.
So what do you need to bring and know?
- An iPhone or Android mobile phone with a location function.
- The “Sporteering” app already downloaded
- A Sporteering account already created. (If you have problems within the app, do it at www.sporteering.com).
- Hi viz highly recommended.
- An armband to carry your phone is recommended.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- A headtorch with charged batteries.
- A control description holder if you want to use loose descriptions.
- Phone fully charged.
- The location function turned on.
- Unnecessary apps closed. (This will probably speed up the location function).
- Display setting set to always on.
- Obey the Highway Code at all times.
- £3 for members, £4 for guests.
- Some ££ for the cafe afterwards.
If you fancy having a go at planning some sporteering pop a message in the comment box below, or alternatively contact any committee member.
Slim’s Healthy Kitchen
28 Belmont Road