Venue Tim Hortons, Connswater, East Belfast
Date Wed, 20th Nov 19
Starts 18:45 to 18:45 iCal file iCal
Just one Sporteering before Christmas! As well as enjoying the Sporteering will you be able to solve this week’s cool riddle??
Meeting at Tim Horton’s at Connswater Shopping Centre, Belfast, BT5 5DL at 7pm to jog out to the start location. The extensive East Belfast map has been upgraded to the new ISSprOM2019 standard. Have a look at this picture to get a snapshot of the main changes: https://ocad.com/blog/2019/05/issprom-2019/
If you have been Sporteering before you will know the drill, but remember your hi-viz and headtorch. If you haven’t been before please do come and read on for the details.
This is urban score orienteering. 1 hour time limit, with 1 points lost per minute late. Controls are worth between 1 and 5 points. There is no flag nor SI unit at the control location. You verify visiting the control site with the Sporteering app.
So what do you need to bring and know?
- An iPhone or Android mobile phone with a location function.
- The “Sporteering” app already downloaded
- A Sporteering account already created. (If you have problems within the app, do it at www.sporteering.com).
- Hi viz highly recommended.
- An armband to carry your phone is recommended.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- A headtorch with charged batteries.
- A control description holder if you want to use loose descriptions.
- Phone fully charged.
- The location function turned on.
- Unnecessary apps closed. (This will probably speed up the location function).
- Display setting set to always on.
- Obey the Highway Code at all times.
- £3 for members, £4 for guests.
- Some ££ for the cafe afterwards.
Tim Hortons, Connswater, East Belfast
Connswater Shopping Centre