Venue Botanic Avenue
Date Wed, 8th Dec 21
Starts 19:30 to 20:15 iCal file iCal
To interweave with the WENT events, we are putting on some Wednesday Evening training activities using the Map Run App that can keep us going through the winter nights and still be open to all comers.
The third event is around South Belfast.
Meeting at the Queens University, McClay Library and finishing at Clements Coffee Shop on Botanic avenue. Not sure of opening times at present but there’s sure to be somewhere for a hot cuppa to finish the evening.
Meet at 7:10pm for 7:30pm start.
If you have been Sporteering pre-covid you will know the drill, but remember your hi-viz and headtorch. If you haven’t been before please do come and read on for the details.
This is urban score orienteering. 45 minute time limit, with 10 points lost per minute late. All controls are worth 20 points. There is no flag nor SI unit at the control location. You verify visiting the control site with the Maprun6 app.
Pre printed maps provided.
So what do you need to bring and know?
- An iPhone or Android mobile phone with a location function.
- The “Maprun6” app already downloaded
- Hi viz highly recommended.
- An armband to carry your phone is recommended.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- A headtorch with charged batteries.
- A control description holder if you want to use loose descriptions.
- Phone fully charged.
- The location function turned on.
- Unnecessary apps closed. (This will probably speed up the location function).
- Display setting set to always on.
- Obey the Highway Code at all times.
- £2 for members, £4 for guests.
- Some ££ for the cafe afterwards.
QUB McClay Library