Venue Lisburn City Centre
Date Wed, 4th Mar 20
Starts 19:30 to 19:30 iCal file iCal
This week we are trying a new venue outside Belfast. Meeting at Ground Cafe, Lagan Bank Retail Park, Lisburn, BT28 1XZ (beside Pure Gym and TK Max). There is free parking for 3 hours at Ground Cafe and there are a number of other carparks close by. the Cafe is also open to 9pm for coffee and debrief.
Meet from 7pm to jog out to the start location, for 7:30 start.
If you have been Sporteering before you will know the drill, but remember your hi-viz and headtorch. If you haven’t been before please do come and read on for the details.
This is urban score orienteering. 1 hour time limit, with 1 points lost per minute late. Controls are worth between 1 and 5 points. There is no flag nor SI unit at the control location. You verify visiting the control site with the Sporteering app.
Pre printed maps provided.
So what do you need to bring and know?
- An iPhone or Android mobile phone with a location function.
- The “Sporteering” app already downloaded
- A Sporteering account already created. (If you have problems within the app, do it at www.sporteering.com).
- Hi viz highly recommended.
- An armband to carry your phone is recommended.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- A headtorch with charged batteries.
- A control description holder if you want to use loose descriptions.
- Phone fully charged.
- The location function turned on.
- Unnecessary apps closed. (This will probably speed up the location function).
- Display setting set to always on.
- Obey the Highway Code at all times.
- £3 for members, £4 for guests.
- Some ££ for the cafe afterwards.
If you fancy having a go at planning some sporteering pop a message in the comment box below, or alternatively contact any committee member.
Lisburn City Centre
Lagan Bank Road