Venue Malone RFC
Date Wed, 10th Oct 18
Starts 18:45 to 20:30 iCal file iCal
Wednesday Evening Skills Training – Sporteering!
So what is Sporteering?
It’s urban score training, using a proper O map. But there are no controls out and no SI boxes! Instead you verify you have visited the correct location using your mobile phone!
So what do you need to bring?
- An iphone or android phone with location (GPS) facility
- The Sporteering app already loaded. Search for “Sporteering” in the App Store or Google Play
- An account created in the Sporteering app
- Make sure your phone is well charged
- Close any apps that might drain the battery
- Change your display auto-lock so the screen stays on
- Make sure the location feature is turned on
- An armband for your phone is a great idea
- Hi viz clothing is strongly recommended
- If you are under 16 then you need to be accompanied by an adult
- Bring £2 if you are club member, or £4 if not
- Your running gear and ready to run out of Malone Rugby Football Club, 6 Gibson Park Ave, Belfast BT6 9GL at 7pm on Wednesday 10 October
A head torch would be really handy too!!!
Everything else you need to know will be explained on the night!
[If there is no event description above try the LVO facebook page]
6 Gibson Park Ave