Venue East Belfast
Date Wed, 23rd Oct 19
Starts 19:00 to 19:00 iCal file iCal
Meeting at Tim Hortons Cafe, Connswater Shopping Centre, Belfast, BT5 5DL at 7pm to jog out to the start location, on a part of the map you won’t have seen yet.
Wednesday will be a sad day for the friends of Colin Henderson and so this Sporteering on Wednesday evening following his funeral has been planned as a little tribute to Colin. Come along and find out how.
If you have been Sporteering before you will know the drill, but remember your hi-viz and headtorch. If you haven’t been before please do come and read on for the details.
This is urban score orienteering. 1 hour time limit, with 1 point lost per minute late. Controls are worth 1 to 5 points as shown on the map and in the descriptions. There is no flag nor SI unit at the control location. You verify visiting the control site with the Sporteering app.
So what do you need to bring and know?
- An iPhone or Android mobile phone with a location function.
- The “Sporteering” app already downloaded
- A Sporteering account already created. (If you have problems within the app, do it at www.sporteering.com).
- Hi viz highly recommended.
- An armband to carry your phone is recommended.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- A headtorch with charged batteries.
- A control description holder if you want to use loose descriptions.
- Phone fully charged.
- The location function turned on.
- Unnecessary apps closed. (This will probably speed up the location function).
- Display setting set to always on.
- Obey the Highway Code at all times.
- £3 for members, £4 for non-members.
- Some ££ for the cafe afterwards.
Connswater Shopping Centre