All NI fixtures ·
BOF major events · all events · all activities
World elite · majors · other
|LVO Fixtures||...view all|
|19th Sep 21
Hillsborough Autumn Event|
|30th Oct 21
NI Colour Series 4 Rostrevor - PROVISIONAL INFO|
Kilbroney Park, Rostrevor
|13th Nov 21
NI Night Champs - Portgenone Forest - PROVISIONAL INFO|
|LVO Results||...view all | live|
|WEE 12 - Belvoir Forest Park|
Belvoir Forest Park
|WEE 11 - Stormont Estate|
|Seven Sevens Challenge Walk 2021|
|WEE 10 - Craigavon Lakes|
|Other Results||NI clubs · NIOA · IOA · BOF|
- hCOW series 2021
- 🏆Hillsborough Event – Autumn Trophy🏆
- Tables Update after Portstewart
- It is with deep sadness that we announce the death of LVO member Stuart Hamilton
- 🏆🥇LVO Club Champions 2021🥇🏆
- Free Stuff
- hCOW update
- Further call for anyone interested in the Mourne Score!
- LVO Champs – Important Info for those Running up a course/class
- WEE stop❗ If you need to go you won’t have to wait long for more O-pportunities
Here are the first 100 hundred words of the latest posts to LVO’s news feed. Please note that hyperlinks appear as plain text in these snippets – click the heading to see the full post with working hyperlinks. The news page is here.
- hCOW series 2021 - With another 3, possibly 4, colour events in the fixture list it will be possible to have both a series (best 4 results to count) and a championship (last colour event of the year, hopefully FermO's NISeries6 event). Don't forget that hCOW is about consistency, not speed, so everyone has a chance to shine. Read More ...
- 🏆Hillsborough Event – Autumn Trophy🏆 - Too add to the excitement on Sunday, LVO members will be competing for a few prizes. Courses and Prizes Green - The Male and Female winners of the green course will be awarded the Autumn Trophy. The first male and female juniors will also receive a prize. Short Green - There will be prizes awarded to W60+, M70+, Junior Male and Junior Female winners Orange - There will be prizes awarded to W12 and M12 winners Yellow - There will be prizes awarded to W10 and M10 winners On-line entry closes on Friday So get your entries in now, HERE! Read More ...
- Tables Update after Portstewart - The NISeries event at Portrush has triggered updates to 3 tables. Get to them via "Resources>OneDrive Public" then: "NI Series>NISeries2021.pdf" That's 3 down - you need 4 results to count at the end of year. On the Men's Green course Wilbert Hollinger was running down to pot-hunt for the club M70 champion title (and he succeeded, congrats Wilbert!) so his time was not used for calculating NISeries points thus Nigel Foley-Fisher set the benchmark. The official table is on the NIOA web site - this is just a copy for your convenience."hCOW>hCOW2021>Event3.pdf" What surprised me was how little (8 seconds… Read More ...
- It is with deep sadness that we announce the death of LVO member Stuart Hamilton - Stuart died in a tragic accident on Saturday 4 September 2021. The thoughts and prayers of the LVO community go out to all Stuart's family, friends and loved ones. Read More ...
Welcome to Lagan Valley Orienteers. The club’s origins go back to the beginning of the 70s and the early days of Orienteering in the Province. Now our membership stretches from Newry to Newcastle to Ballymena as well as three satellite hubs for newcomers based in Craigavon, Tollymore and Belfast. You are welcome to join us at any of our club or hub events. Each event has courses suitable for abilities from junior beginner to senior elite. Our events are generally on Saturdays but during the summer and early winter we hold events on Wednesday evenings.
Videos: Introduction to Orienteering | Setting the map | Using the Compass | Attack Points | Aiming Off | Large Contour Features | Route Choice | Intricate Contours. Read about the different types of orienteering here and you’ll find some tips here.