Event 9: Barnetts Park
|Date||Wed 27th Jun|| ||Online entries closed at midnight Sun 24th June|
| || |
|Organiser||Billy Reed |
|Planner||Conor McKernon |
The post-event report has not yet been added by the event organiser...
Last WEE before the summer break is in Barnett’s Demesne.
Starts are from 18:45 to 19:30.
- £7 Adult, £5 Adult member
- £4 Junior non-member
- £3 Junior / Student / Unwaged
- Free entry for adults going with a Junior
Online entry closes at midnight on Sunday, but is not essential – you can turn up on the night and register when you arrive.
TBC - Crow flies distances are 4.2km for Long and 2.4k for Short. There will also be a string course.
Safety and Course Notes
- Leg cover - probably a good idea, but less critical than recent weeks. Undergrowth along the Long course isn’t _too_ bad (no waist high nettles like Antrim Hospital…). If you’re aggressive with your short cuts, rusty with your navigation or have sensitive skin wear some leg cover.
- Short course is mostly on paths, so there shouldn't be any tramping through undergrowth required.
- The Long course will cross a few roads in the grounds, so watch out for traffic.
- A few controls on the Long course are near mountain biking trails. Please note mountain bikers have right of way over pedestrians on these trails, so if you do find yourself running along them, be conscious of your surroundings and be prepared to get out of the way.
- The Long course also passes in the vicinity of the Mary Peters track. I haven't marked it out of bounds, but if you do decide you want to cross it, stay out of the way of any athletes on the track and any javelins in middle.
- Courses close at 20:30. If you’re still running at that point, controls may start to vanish from the course.
DirectionsMOO and parking will be in the car park beside Malone House as usual.
View this location on a map
SocialNo social afterwards (Malone House will be closed).
|Event details last updated on 27th June at 21:55|